Sunday, August 21, 2011

Just A Little Web Surfing

Only a couple weeks until the Dakota Five-0, and I feel like my fitness is as good as it has been since high school, but on a 47 year old body, that will only get me so far. That said, I still have a few goals.

Goal 1 - Finish. It's a long, hard race, and simply finishing is my first goal. JUST FINISH, JEFF!


Goal 2 - Finish under six hours. Unless I have bike troubles, this shouldn't be a problem...as long as I stay hydrated and eat well. Let's say 5:43. Yep, that seems like a good time.


Goal 3 - Finish in the top 20 in my age group. With 700 riders this year, and my age group having the most participants, this will be a stretch. I'd most likely have to come in right around 5 hours, but if my lungs and legs feel good and everything else goes ok, it's possible.

I have to put in a few more hard rides before Sep 4, and today was one of those rides. Road Harmon lake this morning, and in a word, the day was PERFECT! Took a few seconds off the bike to snap a couple photos. It was a little tough steadying myself with my heart rate around 160, but I think they turned out ok.


Did a little editing on this one with Camera+. Gives it a nice watercolor effect, don't you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment