Saturday, August 6, 2011

'His Mother Was A Mudder'

Took part in the Harmon Lake Rec Day Hot Lap race today. With 2-3 inches of rain the night before, it was certain to be muddy! 

We pre-road approx one third of the trail to test the condition, and it didn't seem so bad. WRONG! First half was ok, but the second half seemed to be a bit muddier. In fact, it was muddy enough to muck up my drivetrain every 100 feet or so. Spent as much time cleaning mud off the bike as I did riding! Turns out my tires are a little big for the mud, but it was fun just the same!

 An odd thing happened about one mile into the race. I was cresting a hill, and on the short descent my handlebar caught something and I flew over the handlebars hard! The bike and I were ok, but I was a bit stunned. A good crash every so often keeps me on my toes!

Some evidence of the mud... 






Took me a good two hours to clean my bike, but she's shiny now!

No comments:

Post a Comment