Thursday, July 4, 2013

Ouch!



07.03.13 - Tough crash on Tinton trail tonight. Had a nice pace going amongst some twisty single track downhill, and without warning...my front wheel washed out! $@&#%!! In a split second I went flying over the handlebars and landed HARD on my ass. Instant pain like I've never felt. I immediately thought bones had broke, and also had a warm and wet feeling wash over my tailbone area. This really freaked me out, and at first I wasn't sure that I didn't burst something internally, or that maybe my bowels let loose. Luckily, it was neither. In reading up on this sensation on the world wide web, it seems to have been some weird nerve thing. Oh, I also must have hit my head, because I was, and still am a little dazed. Slight concussion most likely. I'll know more tomorrow how the tailbone is, but I'm now thinking it's just a bad bruise. Good news though...Penelope (my bike) is fine. 

I should note that this was also my third hard crash of the summer (this by far the hardest). Never have I had more than one hard crash a year. Hmmm? Oh, I also went endo on a kids Razor scooter last week while doing hot laps at work :-/ wtf

This may sound strange, but these mishaps make me feel young and old at the same time. Weird. 7012261565

No comments:

Post a Comment