Monday, January 28, 2019

This Was Way Outside My Comfort Zone!

In my truck when I’m busting out a song at the top of my lungs I believe that I sound like Elton John or Gavin Rossdale, but in reality I probably sound more like an old, injured donkey. The only way to find out for sure was to record myself (where no one could see me of course) and play it back. Well...I did it. With the actual song playing in the background, I added my voice to a few tunes. 

The first song ‘Mother’ has always been a favorite tune of mine by Pink Floyd. In fact a part of a lyric in this song will be my next tattoo. The song itself has some meaning to me in that I felt my Mom always protected me from all the bad shit in the world. There is some dark stuff in this tune as well, so don’t read any further into it than simply my Mom protected me. My Mother was and still is the most amazing person in the world to me and I miss her every single day. The second song I attempted to sing is ‘Your Song’ by Elton John. I’ve always enjoyed his music, and this song...Your Song...well, the lyrics are just spot on. This is just one of a 100 songs that make me think of a very special person. The third song ‘Glycerine’ by Bush is also one of those songs and it’s a no brainer that I attempted this. This is my go-to song when I’m feeling good or when I’m feeling down. The song has everything, and it will stay with me always to remind me of this person.

I should state that I attempted singing these songs at approximately 4:30am when I couldn’t sleep, and because it was so early in the morning I had to sing them quietly. In fact a person should probably wear ear buds when listening. I think if I could have been louder they may have sounded just a little better and more like singing and less like softy talking, but it probably wouldn’t have helped much LOL. Regardless of how it sounds, they were 100% heartfelt. 

So there ya go. I said I’d record myself singing sometime and I did it! I certainly didn’t sound like Elton John or Gavin Rossdale, but hopefully I didn’t sound like an old, injured donkey either. Ok, I feel awkward just writing all this so I’m going to stop typing now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment